Of course most of you must have baked this, I am going to write this recipe again....
- 150 gms/ 6 oz - Softened butter/Soft Margarine
- 150 gms/6 oz - Caster sugar
- 150 gms/ 6oz - Self Raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Jam
- Prepare two sandwich tins, grease and line them
- Set oven to 180 degrees C/ Gas Mark 4/ 350 degree F
- Cream butter and sugar together until very pale in colour, light in texture and fluffy
- Beat in whole eggs, one at a time, adding a tbsp of flour with each
- Gently fold in remaining flour with metal spoon
- Transfer to prepared tins and smooth tops with knife
- Bake in centre of moderate oven for 30 to 40 minutes (or until well risen, golden brown and firm)
- Insert a skewer or knife to check, if it comes out clean then your cake is cooked
- Take it out, leave in the tin for 2 to 3 minutes, Turn out on to a cooling rack, leave it to cool
- Spread Jam on one of the cakes and sandwich together.
- Now your cake is ready to serve
After baking this cake I really got very confident in baking cakes and soon enough i will be posting some more cakes soon.....