This is I should say one of the Best pacchadis mom creates in her kitchen and is my children's favourite, I really don't know how it comes so tasty and so good in her hand, which doesn't seem to work out for me. I have tried it so many times but still I have not won their hearts through this, (to tell you the truth actually none with all the recipes which my mom cooks too !!) . As my eldest says you do cook well, but not extent of what paati can do with the same recipe...well, we will adjust don't worry..., Oh!, how I hate it because in my heart I know, I really have not come up to the mark, not even with this simple easy recipe such as this. I know this photo doesn't looks very interesting. But it is a very tasty one.
- 2 potatoes medium sized
- 2 to 3 green chilies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 2 to 3 sprig of coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- 2 cups of Curds/yogurt
- Cook potatoes and peel of the skin and mash them.
- Add salt, pinch of asafoetida, finely chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves
- Take a tsp of oil heat and add a tsp of mustard seeds once it splutters add chopped green chilies and fry for a minutes then add it to the mashed potato.
- mix them together and then mix in the curds and it is now ready to serve.
- This is optional if you want you can even temper with a tsp of chenna & urad dal after the green chilies and it is the same method.
- Serve it with Rice or even with chapatis.
Never knew you could make a thayir pachadi with potatoes. Its new to me.