Of course everybody knows about Adai’s they are so good to taste, but I wouldn’t prefer to eat it more than 2 to 3 as it upsets my stomach! Too many dals in it!
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1 fistful of urad dal
- 1 fistful of moong dal
- 1/2 cup of chenna dal
- 1/2 cup of Tuvar dal
- salt as required
- Soak all the Rice & dals for 4 to 5 hours this dosa doesn’t need any fermentation, grind them to a smooth consistency and a little bit of asafoetida and mix well.
- On a nice hot tawa spread the dosas little bit over the size of palm and cook them on both the sides
- Eat it with dosai molaga podi/chutney podi with lot of ghee
- The above is just a basic method like my mom makes and my photos are just like what my mom made.
- The way my MIL made was she used to grind Dosa in a coarse consistency, she also used to soak 7 to 8 red chillies with rice & dals and grind them together with a bit of asafoetida.
- After they were ground she used to add 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut, 1/2 bunch of nicely chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves, curry leaves.
- If some more of the batter is left over the next day she used to add onions too!
- And she used to prepare lovely thick fat adais and we used enjoy eating it with Desi ghee! it was one of her favourite tiffin varieties.