But then I wanted to make a little difference so I added some cashew nuts , Of course my husband loved it, as always he goes nuts over the nuts in dishes…….
- 2 Medium sized Onions
- 8 to 10 cashew nuts
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 4 tbsp of Bengal gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour / Chutney dal powder **
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 to 3 Green chillies
- a bit of Ginger
- Chop onions length wise, green chillies thinly sliced, grate ginger , curry leaves also chopped.
- Add required quantity of salt, mix it with the above ingredients and leave it for few minutes, The onions with the help of salt gives out water on its own!!
- Then mix in the cashews and the flours, add water if it is very powdery by sprinkling little by little, do not add too much water, then the pakoras will never turn out crispy.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan, that is enough to fry the pakoras, just take them in your hand no need to give them any shape, they can be dropped in the oil in irregular shapes and sizes.
- Deep fry them and serve them with nice Aromatic chai.