- 350 gms Button Mushrooms
- 1 big Onion
- 5 to 6 Garlic pods
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 5 to 6 green chillies
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1'' ginger
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- salt to taste
- 3 to 4 tbsp oil
- 5 to 6 sprig of coriander leaves (optional)
- 4 to 5 tbsp corn flour
- 2 to 3 tbsp besan flour (chickpea flour) or All purpose flour
- Sufficient oil for deep frying
- Chop onion, garlic, green chilles & ginger into fine pieces and keep aside.
- In a vessel make a paste of corn and Besan flour using little water and a little salt, it must be of a consistency where in you can dip the mushrooms and put it in the oil, it shouldn't be too watery or too thick, make it into a dosa consistency or just they way when you make Aaloo Bondas.
- Take sufficient quantity of oil in a wok and deep fry all the Button Mushrooms into golden colour and keep aside on a kitchen paper.
- Now take a wok, heat oil add the chopped onions, garlic, green chillies and ginger. Fry them nicely.
- Then add all the sauce, vinegar and ketchup and required quantity of salt, but just remember you have already added little salt to the flour when deep frying the mushrooms so balance the salt properly!!
- Give them all a good toss add chopped spring onions and coriander leaves (optional), Now add the fried mushrooms and mix well and leave it in the wok for a minute or two frying them so the ingredients in the wok get coated to the mushrooms.
- Now it is ready to serve.
- Serve it with your favourite Ketchup or sauce.
If you want you can add chopped peppers, Roast them with the onions, I cook Gobi Manchurian in the same way .