- 500 gms Averekkai / Lima Beans
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garlic-Ginger paste
- 6 to 7 Green Chillies
- 2 medium sized Onions chopped
- 2 to 3 medium-sized tomatoes
- 3 – 4 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp of fresh chopped coriander leaves
- First of all, If you are using fresh field beans/Lima beans cook them soft with enough water, If you are using like me dried ones, soak them overnight with a pinch of Baking soda.
- In the morning wash the soaked beans thoroughly with water at least 3 to 4 times, and pressure cook till soft.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the ginger- garlic paste and fry well, it becomes brownish, then add the chopped onions and fry till brown.
- Add the masala powders, and fry it further few more minutes,
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, fry for further few more minutes until it is well done,
- Then add the cooked Lima beans/ Averekkai and the slit chillies, sugar and salt to taste, with enough water making it into a gravy consistency. (If it is too watery add a tbsp of corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp of water and add it to the gravy)
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves fresh!! for further few minutes.
NOTES: Please Adjust spices according to your taste as the chillies and spices vary from one Brand to other.
Don’t forget to sign up for email updates to get new recipes delivered right to your inbox. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+ So follow us if you can…We would love to keep in touch with you all:)