This is one of Tiffin varieties my children like, after two days of idli they always want me to do this it is really very tasty and this i make it in two ways. This one is Method I
IDLI I (METHOD I)
Here i will just write the ingredients needed but not the exact amount as the upma depends upon the quantity of the idlies. This is just a replica of how you make chitranna/Lemon Rice.
- Left over idlis mashed
- green chillies (apt for ur idlis)
- Lime juice
- oil (just you take to do your chitranna/lemon rice)
- curry leaves
- coriander leaves
- grated coconut (optional)
- chenna dal
- urad dal
- mustard seeds
- turmeric powder
- Take a Wok, heat oil (take oil for how you make lemon rice) then add the seasonings one by one, mustard seeds + green chillies + chenna dal + urad dal + turmeric + curry leaves
- once they get roasted bring it to a low flame, add salt & coriander leaves, then mix the Idli podi ( mashed ) then grated coconut and mix well.
- Leave it for a few minutes then put of the stove and is now ready to serve.
It is just the same as the above method but here I cut the idlis into small cubes and with a little more oil I omit the green chilles & substitute with red chilli powder instead, and fry them, They also give a good taste with a bit of lemon juice, and omit coconut grated. Now it is ready to serve, for variation you can also add powdered peanuts too !!