Check out this website for more information:
- This has a cooling effect, so using it in summer is more common
- It also helps in sore throat, common cold*.
- It also helps in constipation and acidity problems**
- This is said to help in skin ailments and skin related problems.
- Doddapatre Leaves (Coleaus Aromaticus) – 3 to 4 leaves
- Beetle leaves (vethalai / viladele) – 1 leaf
- Ginger ( 1/2 inch )
- Garlic ( 1 pod )
- Thulasi ( Indian Basil ) – 10 Leaves
Boil this paste with 1 cup of water, reducing it to 1/2 cup, Filter the juice and add 2 to 3 tbsp of Honey and make the kids drink it through Olale ( a kind of silver or Indian cutlery used to give medicine in olden days ) or you can use spoon or any other method.
These little green leaves are nice to eat, just like that !!, My daughter used to pluck leaves wash them and just eat it, you can also eat it with a little pinch of salt and pepper on them, They are not only good for health, but has a wonderful taste too !!.