- Potatoes take as much as you want to satisfy your tounge tickling
- I took around 8 medium sized potatoes boiled and skin peeled
- 1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- 2 to 3 Red Onions
- 8 to 10 sprigs of coriander leaves
- 1 medium sized grated carrot
- 1 cup of thin sev
- 1/4 tsp Amchur powder
- Boil the potatoes and peel the skin and cut them into cubes, grate carrots, chop the onions finely, wash and chop coriander leaves finely keep everything ready.
- Take a wok and add 2 to 3 tbsp of oil and roast these potatoes lightly crispy, mix garlic and ginger paste. fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add salt, chilli powder, amchur powder, cumin and chat masala powder and mix well.
- Roast them for 2 more minutes with a closed lid, so that the aloos (potatoes) absorb the masala take them out.
- Share these in bowls top them with few grated carrots, chopped onions, chopped coriander, and top it with sev and serve with mint chutney, sweet chutney or khara chutney. like down below.
- Kids loved the Tamarind chutney also called the sweet chutney.
TAMARIND CHUTNEY WITH ALOO CHAT
- 100gms -Tamarind size of Lime
- 100gms – Jaggery 1/4 cup
- 7 to 8 Dates
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
- A pinch of salt
- Soak Tamarind, Jaggery and dates with 1 to 1 & 1/2 cup of water for an hour, (If you want to make it quick in a microwavable bowl place all the ingredients and microwave for 1 minute). Take out the juice that is extract all the juice and strain the juice and then add salt, chilli powder and jeera powder.
- Boil this in a vessel, and remove it from fire once the chutney starts thickening, Just for this process do not add too much of water.
- If you want you can omit the masala powders in them, they just give a kick to the chutney.., if you are using them for anything else.
- I sometimes make them more and use them in my gravies.
Enjoy the Aloo chat, Bhel puri Chat, or any other chats you make as they are called the street foods and immensely enjoyed by Indians, In every knook and corner of the God’s own country and famous for its amazing, delectable, food should I say cuisine around the world.
And here is something I was bestowed with from Jyothi of the veggie hut , some beautiful awards, thank you so much jyothi for all the lovely awards, I had done this Kreative award long back, and I had such an hard time to give it 7 more bloggers who hadnt recieved it, I thought I should give to the new bloggers with these awards then they are recognised and their lovely creative saga in the kitchen where they unfold the love and art of cooking, I will not go through about the 7 things about me but, I will try my best to pass it on to the new bloggers, here EC is going to help me with her new bloggers column which she has started to introduce them to the blogging world….
The awards are here take a peek at them…, thanks jyothi of thinking about me….